Monday 28 July 2008

i just try to be healthier!

health is very essential in anyone's life. no one can do everything without great health. everybody needs health. everybody needs to be healthy. (this is why i want to be a doctor--health jobs never die, people need health) i also try many things to be in the greatest condition--both aesthetically and functionally.

exercise-behold! this would sounds cocky
i don't remember why now i care so much about being healthy, i think because several years ago i started to worry a lot about the way my body built. i have a large frame for my height according to elbow breadth measurement test ,even it's still large for people 3-4 inches taller than me. actually i had normal amount of meat with normal amount of fat back then. it's only that i have large frame. but i did look 'big' and started to feel insecure...(well, that time i was younger, stupid, and immature, now i'm older but i'm not sure i've matured or have left my stupidity behind) so, at first the reason i started to do exercise was because i want to get thinner. period. thin, small framed body is so popular; every celebs got it, and i was one of the lacking self confidence kids who was totally brainwashed by media image.........
fortunately my parents agreed about the idea of exercising. so they bought a treadmill. i never cared about being healthy. my point was to be slimmer, blah! soon that treadmill became my property because my parents rarely...no, very rarely using it. I run regularly, almost excessively on the treadmill, and if you see me running you'd be scared that i would break the treadmill. (bang! bang! bang! bang!)
by the way training like that really brought a change, i was a lousy runner and always left behind in class marathon, and later i was the fastest--HAHA! geez, i'm bragging again, no good... afterall running improves my overall health and makes me feel better about myself! this soon became my hobby too. i also bought aerobic videos. i have to be really-really-really shameless to do this at home... yet it works better than treadmill, i look better--no love handles, no fat rolls... and i rarely get sick in this last two years. if i'm sick, it would be no more than one day. my grade also improved because i become more energized-therefore i'm studying harder. i forgot my real past motivation! now my obsession is to become the healthiest person in the...uh whatever. i lower my risk to get cardiovascular disease by exercising. i lower my risk to get every life-style related disease. i see every lifestyle magazine recommends exercise for a better health. every doctor recommends it too. i'm proud that i have this good habit. but then i start to worrying. how if i can't continue this habit when i'm in college? how if that i'm too busy to exercise? how to still get both exercise time and cum laude score? how to... how to... how to... how to............

food and its supplements--this one isn't too cocky
since now i'm health-conscious, i also started to research about what kind of food and its supplements are good for me.
my parents are also health-freaks; they collect every 'sounds-good' natural supplement reported in trubus magazine that actually more of a 'sounds-weird' supplement. lol. maybe health-freak tendency is hereditary. i also drink some of supplements they purchased. i remember, the first supplement they bought is virgin coconut oil. [unfinished]

No comments: