Saturday 2 August 2008

science or social?

i'm not going to talk about social class-science class stereotype. maybe on another post..
in 10th grade my grades were sucks. seventy point pointless on average; it's still seventy because there are some subjects like P.E., art, english literature... science subjects scores sucks the most. a lot of remedial tests. my chemistry, math, and physics scores were right on the passing grade. forever i had wanted to take science classes in the high school, but ...the truth hurts -_-" and chemistry. oh my god. my chemistry scores were really...down. i never scored that low in any subject before...
i almost took social science classes because i thought i would suffer in science classes. i was imagining i would be a lawyer if i took social science subjects. that's a cool job, using a lot of logic, helps people, and i really like debating and also really like to convince people so they would admit that i am RIGHT! but my parents didn't allow it. they said they thought i was better at science; and science class is an advantage because i can enroll to every college major. then... thinking of what i was doing in social science classes: wandering eyes, chatting with friends, attending the class half-heartedly, making fun of the teacher (i'm so sorry...), not making any notes,looking at watch repeatedly to see when the session is over...
clear. those subjects made me bored. social sciences don't fascinate me as much as science subjects do. what's better? get a good scores on subjects you don't like or get a bad scores on subjects you like?

i have to admit, i was not used to not get good scores. so I was really down when i got bad scores... (now i really could not care less about it though)
but i decided! i had to take science class no matter how bad my scores are. my heart is there! i had to take risks. i am glad i took it!
if i were now in social class, there is a big chance i would regret it.

No comments: