Sunday 3 August 2008

careeeeeeeer options!

back in the elementary school, i really loved to draw. I'd been participating in art club for at least 5 years of 6 years elementary school education. I was also addicted to japan... (japan freak)i had listed college majors that i thought i was going to take when i was a sixth grader: mangaka (i was serious and this is cool), IT (i can't imagine how come now i really, seriously don't want to enroll in any IT program) fashion design, graphic design, art major, architecture, japanese literature, interior design, illustrator, or anything design-design-design! nanananana...! i remember my parents didn't approve any single one of those listed, except architecture or interior design. my parents said design related things and japanese literature weren't promising nice future prospects. (they didn't know design related things and japanese literature are going to be really popular years later..well they don't have magic crystal ball)
when i was in middle school, my future dream job was still the same: architecture and graphic design. in the middle school i was not too concerned about what would i do in the future. i was too busy crushing over guys like 'aaahhh that one is cute! i want to go out with him!' (yet the guys actually weren't that good) and busy thinking why i don't have any boyfriend, am i that ugly, am i that unattractive, hey i-want-some-attentions! what a stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid middle school girl i was............... -_-" well but i guess every teenager go through this stage when they don't really care about school or the future and only care about 'RIGHT NOW I AM...'. some of us are going past this stage quickly, and some of us stay like this forever until they're 34 and realize: what have i done? i need three years to calm down those raging hormones (do i talk like i'm not a teenager?) finally realize i have a really good chance to get a bright future.............sounds cocky, but i am pretty serious.when i was in 10th grade, there is an IQ test--it's a school program, you couldn't run away from it. i can't understand how my IQ score report slope so down when tested by this institute. i mean not the score; my IQ test results from official tests, online tests, self-tests book vary from 90 to 153...cool, isn't it (this makes me really believe that IQ scores prove nothing). the score i got on last official test quite made me look cool, but the result stated nothing too special from me, and that i have a rather low spatial intellegence, plus it stated that i'm not creative in drawing objects *oh, hell with this............*and my principal told me "what's this result? why is there not any single subject remarked as 'very well' ?"the students were also given a chance to consult school conselour about our IQ test result analysis. my school conselour asked me what i will enroll for college; i answered architecture major, or maybe a medical degree. the answer 'medical degree' was coming out from my mouth without planned. i never thought about it~i expected her to say: fine, you will be success being an architect! but instead she said: I don't recommend you enroll in architecture. you have rather low spatial intellegence. i recommend you to be a doctor. BANG!
*the sound of childhood dream collapsed*

i was upset hearing what my school conselour said. i was disappointed...blah, blah. that's it. i wasn't giving up my will to be an architect, but i started to be open to more possibilities.


(i think i want to continue this post in my mother language later...)

No comments: