Thursday 10 September 2009

magic lock-mocked lock

when i first arrived at my dorm, i never expected this.

my dorm has 2 layers of protection from the outside world. first is its main gate, and second is the door to the house.
the household caretaker duplicates the keys of the main gate and the front door, in case i come home late and she's alreadly asleep. so i have the duplicates of those keys. indeed.
one day, i came home late. so i have to open the gate with my key. the key is inserted to the lock.
one minute.
three minutes.
five minutes.
ten minutes. hey, what the hell? the lock wouldn't open! it's dark already and i want to go to bathroom quick!
struggling with frustation, led by natural instinct somehow the lock was finally opened.
every other day, i still can't open the stupid lock properly. nah. it is even more frustating if i am in a rush. hey i'm late but this damn lock just wont open! i secretly hope they forget to lock the gate, but somehow the gate is always locked in the first place. i guess i have no choice...
after several frustating failure attempt to open this gate lock (can't be helped!) usually i start to use violence to open the main gate. violence has made the newly-duplicated key suffers sooo much. the outer layer of shiny paint of the key is well-scratched, well done. eat that, key! i mean, i felt like the lock and the key is mocking me. or am i just dumb? it is such a weird lock indeed. it's not user friendly. especially unfriendly to me. it needs extra force to insert the key, and you need to twist the key as you pull the lock to open it. when it's finally open, you can't pull the key out of the lock unless you lock the lock first. weird, eh? stupid well-made, expensive lock system...


i thought everyone has a problem opening this damned lock, but one morning i was late. i rushed into the front gate...dang, the gate is locked again. i get my key out from my purse. Here, lock, i don't like you and you don't like me, so let's make peace out of this...
for the longest five minutes of my life, i struggled to open the lock as i swore swearwords inside my head. luckily, the girl whose room is beside my room came. she was going to go too. so i ask her for help.

"hey, could you please open the lock for me using your key? i have trouble opening this gate with my key..."
"sure."

*CLICK*

O_o;

i have stood there for five minutes and she didn't even need to move her hands to open the lock!
so i thought the problem is on my duplicated key. but it is a two bird in one shot, i was wrong again. one morning i was late again. i rush into the front gate...sure, the gate was locked again. i got my key out from my purse. and i had spent ten minutes to open the lock violently when my household caretaker came.

"what's the problem?"
"my key wouldn't open the lock! i'm late!"
"is your key unfit?"

*i handed her my key*

CLICK~!
"it is just like that. why can't you open it?"

oh man. i felt so humiliated. they seem to have no plan replacing the lock, though...

No comments: